I never make New Year’s resolutions. If I’m being honest, I haven’t seen any benefit from it. And, I think if you’ve read any of my other posts then it’s easy to see if I’m not benefitting, I won’t do it. But, now that it’s January 4th, tomorrow will be the first Monday of a normal week, and the New Year hype has died down a bit I think it’s important for me to talk about 2015 and what I
want to will accomplish. I’m not even going to reflect on 2014 because it’s over, plain and simple, It was a great year filled with lots of new beginnings and I’ve never thought of my future so much than in this past year. But, back to 2015, there are only a few important things I want to carry in with me. And, I think this will help me remember everyday what I’ve set out to do. Starting this blog (and 2 others!) in the past 6 months has been so therapeutic for me and it’s revived my love for writing so that’s what I’m going to keep doing. Here’s to 2015 and growing!
- Mind, Body, Soul
- Meditate for 5-10 minutes every night when I get home from work and my day is over. I can reflect on my day and spend some time just focusing on my breathing and clearing whatever stress has built up.
- Drink at least 2 bottles of water a day. Drastically cut down on chocolate.
- Do yoga for 30 minutes 3 times a week. Never go a week straight without running 5 miles.
- Smile at strangers.
- Work, $$$, Career
- This is the first year out of school so it’s imperative that I work twice as hard this year as I did in 2014.
- Don’t get stressed over student loans and car payments. Everyone has bills but not everyone is as lucky to have two jobs as I do.
- Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator before the year is over.
- Take your breaks! Always use the time to get some fresh air and stop staring at those computer screens.
- Have your grad school plan figured out and all apps in, if that’s the road chosen.
- I don’t have to be nice to anyone. Know who lost that privilege and don’t forget why. People don’t change.
- To those who deserve your love, be appreciative and caring always.
- Don’t get upset when mom or yiayia ask if you’re dating anyone. They just want to be around to see you happy and meet him.
- Keep working on the relationship with yourself. You’ve come a long way but you’ll chip away at this forever. We’ll worry about everyone else later, as it should be.
- Don’t say no as much and stop talking about how tired you are all the time. It’s not cute.
What are you focusing on in 2015?